EduWeek is an all-encompassing education event on the African continent
We have made great strides over the last decade and we expect our next instalment to be even bigger.
We seek candidates that can work well under pressure, are professional, exude maturity and do not shy away from any challenges or tasks with which we might need their assistance.
Although we welcome students with different personalities, we have to stress that the event will be a high-pressured environment. The students will be dealing with people from all walks of life from high profile figures across Africa and the world, to the local principal or teacher from schools within their communities. We therefore need strong individuals who can carry themselves professionally throughout the event with minimal supervision as our team will be focussing our attention on keeping the event on track and running smoothly.
The event takes place over three days. EduWeek kicks off on the 11th of July with the latest extension, Africa TradeXchange summit. The event will then run from the 12th and 13th July. Apart from the trade and exhibition show, we will also require two students to cover the EduWeek Awards, which is a black tie event, taking place on the evening of the 12th July.
Their primary duties will include:
- Reporting and taking notes on the EduTheatre sessions
- Interviewing our esteemed panel of speakers
- Engaging with our attendees and exhibitors on the exhibition floor
- Engaging with the crowd through the means of live Tweets, Facebook posts and Instagram posts
- Moderating seminar sessions and co-ordinating sessions
- Speaker management and time keeping of seminar sessions
- Assisting operations with the relevant tasks and duties during the event
Kindly note that these task will be delegated to the respective students who we deem fit to suite the role.
In order to apply for this amazing opportunity please provide us with:
- Your complete application form
- PDF of your Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of your valid student card
No remuneration is on offer so this is solely for those seeking hands-on experience who we can offer along with full recognition and accreditation of the work they produce to our global audience.
What exposure will you get by volunteering at EduWeek?
- Speaker management: Learn how to micromanage speakers and engage in a corporate and professional environment.
- Quick thinking: Learn to cope in a fast paced environment that keeps you on your feet. Harness your creativity and apply your practical thinking.
- Project/Events management: Learn how to plan, effectively manage your time and have the responsibility of retaining the quality of the programme
- Marketing: interacting on social media in a professional manner, learn how to market and advertise
At the end of the event, you will receive a certificate to show for your hard work. We will also have follow-up interviews to gain insight on your experience of the event, which we will feature on our website.
If this sounds appealing to you then don’t hesitate to apply, what have you got to lose? Our dedicated and hardworking team looks forward to working with you on Africa’s leading education event.
Submissions to be handed in by 30 June 2017
Submissions to be e-mailed to:
E | Yaseen.firstname.lastname@example.org
T | (+27) 21 700 3593
For any queries contact:
E | email@example.com
T | (+27) 21 011 3801